Light Assault Mech
This product is a personal licence allowing you to download and use the Light Assault Mech for personal, non-commercial use only. This item is a Digital Download of STL files and Blender (.blend) files. Your use of the files is subject to the Digital Forge End User Licence Agreement, which you can find HERE. Please read this before purchasing.
Patreon "Bits Box Builder" backers get a 40% discount on this product!
Sign up now for $10 (+local VAT) and find the code in the pinned post.
The entirety of the Digital Forge Light Mech release for January 2020, including;
- Four .blend files (used by the free CAD software program Blender) that allow you to customise and export your preferred Mech load-out. These files contain:
- Fully "rigged" arms, hands, legs and feet that allow for total customisation of the pose of each individual element; from finger joints to piston extension.
- Torso Assembler which allows you to customise the look of your mech's main body. Included are parts for three different Torsos styles (Low Tech Roll Cage, Low Tech Armoured, High Tech) and the Torso options can be mixed and matched. A fully detailed interior and pilot can be included.
- Mech Rifle Assembler that allows you to mix and match any gun barrel, ammo feed, magazine, and sight with any other to create over 1500 combinations! You can completely customise your mech's gun as either a rifle-style weapon, held in its hands, or hard-point style mounting brackets that slot onto the torso directly, instead of arms.
- As well as the Blender builders you also get a selection of pre supported STLs for arms and legs, (in multiple poses) as well as the other components needed to construct the Mech, including
- Three pre-posed STL Legs with supports that are in a "neutral", "compressed" or "extended" pose.
- Two pre-posed Rifle arms STLs with supports that are in a "neutral" or "shooting" pose.
No pre-existing or advanced knowledge is required in order to use the Blender and STL files - if you can use a slicer program and run a 3D printer, then you will have no trouble using the comprehensive and easy to follow Blender instructions, which are supplied in written and video format below. To see what's involved and the kind of options available, you can watch the video guide before purchasing this product.
Non-Blender STL only Options
- We strongly recommend that if you purchase this product, you take the time to watch the instructional video and learn the required basic Blender controls. You will get a lot more out of the product.
We know not everyone can use Blender or wants to, so the following STL only options are included in the download.
A "One Click Print" Armoured Torso and GAU minigun which combined with the pre-posed leg, arm and other STL's, will allow you to print an entire Mech using only a basic slicer program.
- A full set of STL parts exported from the Torso and Weapon Builder Blender files. These can be found in the folder called 'STL files for Non-Blender Users - NOT RECOMMENDED' These components are direct exports from the Blender files, and we are not able to provide guidance or instructions on how you might use them.
Comprehensive written and video instructions for how to use the Light Assault Mech digital files:
Google Docs Version:
Anvil Industry Light Mech - Instructions for Customising and Exporting Mech Components
Are the Parts Presupported?
For the Ready-To-Print STLs; Yes. we strongly recommend that the supplied supports are used to obtain best results. The support element is a separate shell which can be easily and quickly removed in most STL editing programs. There are enough parts with enough variation that your mech will still be highly customisable, even without using Blender!
For any Torso or Gun you design using Blender; Yes. we strongly recommend that the supplied, custom made modular support system used to obtain best results. The support element is a separate shell which can be easily and quickly removed in most STL editing programs.
For Arms and Legs you pose yourself; No. These Files are NOT supplied with a Pre-Supported version as we can not predict how you're going to want to pose them. You will need to orientate and support these parts yourself in your chosen 3D software.
For all the individual STL parts; No. These Files are NOT supplied with a Pre-Supported version as we can not predict how you're going to want to combine them. You will need to orientate and support these parts yourself in your chosen 3D software.
Back our Patreon!
Each month we release a new set of digital files on Patreon - You can get these if you back us for $9 a month, making a huge saving on buying them separately!
Sign up now so that you don’t miss out:
- We regret that we cannot offer refunds on Digital download products under any circumstances.
- 3D printing miniatures and conversion parts at home is great fun, but requires commitment and skill to master and involves working with hazardous chemicals. You must be over 18 to download or use Digital Forge products.
- By purchasing and/or downloading this product, you agree to be bound by our EULA, which is linked to in the description above.